Wednesday 11 March 2009

TrigFX, Visual FX and films - and the Future...

OK - so I'm new to this site, but not that new to blogging.
Sadly, the majority of my blogs were lost forever when Stage6 shut down - those of you that remember that site will know what I'm talking about!
Anyway, just a quick summary of who I am and what my intentions are - for this blog and the future...

I started out in the film industry in the year 2000 as a film extra - or supporting artiste - and my second ever job was a month on the beautiful Greek island of Cephallonia, playing a German soldier on "Captain Corelli's Mandolin". Although I have worked on hundreds of jobs since then - both as a film extra and an actor (I did two years acting training along the way), this job still ranks as one of my all time best experiences with many memories I shall always treasure.

Anyway, some time further on down the line (I believe it was around the summer of 2005 when I was filming on Flyboys) I discovered the joys of creating visual effects in the comfort of my own home - and that I had a knack for doing them!

Fast forward to the end of 2007/ start of 2008, and I find myself working as a freelance VFX artist, doing mostly music videos and showreels for contacts I have made in the film industry over the years - and an independent feature film that eventually went to the Cannes Film Festival that year!


VFX Showreel 2008 from TrigFX on Vimeo.

We are now in the recession of 2009, and things have gone quiet on both work fronts (for the time being) - but I haven't stopped doing what I love most: being creative! Even if there is no work to be had, I just don't stop.

I currently have one complete script ready to film - my take on the Star Wars universe, a spoof called "The Waiter Chronicles", and another sci-fi film in the pipeline, which is currently in its fifth draft.

The Waiter Chronicles - Teaser 1



The Waiter Chronicles - Teaser 2


However, work on The Waiter has been postponed while various personal problems in my life are resolved (hint: The Waiter himself is my landlord!) - but in the meantime, work continues apace for my other sci-fi "opus" - for which I have created this ongoing blog.

And the film in question? "Terminator: Future War".

I know what you're thinking - with Salvation just around the corner, why not jump on the bandwagon? Sadly, this is NOT the case! I started writing "Future War" about 4 months before Salvation was even announced - who knew?? There must've been something in the air...

My main intention was to create this SHORT film as a test of my VFX abilities - as well as to learn some new ones, and push myself further - kind of show the world (and any potential clients!) what I could REALLY do...

Over the coming months, I aim to share with you some tests that I have already performed, as well show any upcoming ones, to document the development of this production - and the trials and tribulations of making this movie.

Yes, movie - cos although when I started out it was only gonna be a ten minute short, more and more people have become involved, and this thing has just EXPLODED!

I will discuss this more in my next blog...so hang on to yer hats - cos this could end up being a VERY bumpy ride!

1 comment: